The Slovenian National Home Group of Indianapolis

In 1918, the Indianapolis Slovenian National Home was established at 729 North Holmes Avenue. The founding members intended the National Home to be a social club, offering concerts, plays, sports, cards, beverages and dances. A new building was erected at its present location on the corner of 10th Street and Warman Avenue in 1940. A ten acre wooded lot which would become the picnic grounds is located west of the present location on 10th Street and was purchased in 1971. The current National Home boosts a membership of over 700 shareholders who elect officers to a Board of Directors during the annual meeting in March.

Hours of operation for members:
Saturdays, Sundays, Mondays & Wednesdays: Closed
Tuesdays: 5pm-10:00pm
Fridays: 5pm-10:00pm