Ethiopia Nursing Assocition

History of nursing in Ethiopia
Modern nursing in Ethiopia started in later part of the 19th century by Swedish Missionaries who came to Eritrea in 1866,
Years later the nursing sevice was extended to other parts of the country still by expatrate nurses from sweden, Russia, France,
During this time some clinics and hospitals werw opened in some parts of the country,
Around 1928eldrly women were recruited and were given shorte term training to serve as nurses and midwives,
In 1949 the first school of nursing(the Ethiopian Red cross)was opened in the former Haile selassie Hospital(Now yekatit 12 Hospital beginig of modern nurses education).