(KAAUH Staff) King Abdulaziz University Hospital

KINGDOM OF SAUDI ARABIA
MINISTRY OF HIGHER EDUCATION
KING ABDULAZIZ UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL
JEDDAH
The King Abdulaziz University Hospital affiliated with the King Abdulaziz University College of Medicine and Health Sciences was inaugurated by the Custodian of the two Holy mosques King Fahd bin Abdulaziz bin Saud during his period as the Crown Prince in the year 1396 H (1976 G).

Initially the King Abdulaziz University Hospital was operated with a modest capacity of 36 beds. Over the following years the number of beds were gradually increased to 291.

The transfer to the new healthcare facility within the King Abdulaziz University Health Science Center complex was initiated on the executive order of His Excellency the President of King Abdulaziz University Dr. Ghazi Obaid Al-Madani in July 1996 (1416H).

The transfer of all the departments and the equipments was completed by September 1996, and the Hospital was operational in December, 1996.

The new King Abdulaziz University Hospital was inaugurated by His Majesty the Crown Prince Abdullah bin Abdulaziz bin Saud on Tuesday Sha’aban 7, 1417 (Deceber 17, 1996). The hospital was operational with an initial capacity of 250 beds, increasing to about 400 beds by the end of 2002.


The full operational capacity of the King Abdulaziz University Hospital is 895 beds.


Aims

* Teaching : to provide for students of medicine and health sciences the opportunity of the practical training in the medical field under supervision of members of the academic staff.
* Scientific Research: to provide research in the field of health sciences and medicine with emphasis on the Kingdom’s particular needs.
* Health Care: to provide complete health care services and to improve health services to the community

(copied from KAUH website) http://www.kau.edu.sa/home_ENGLISH.aspx